Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice a lot of people here have really brightly coloured hammocks and such in their cages. Is there a reason for that?

(I'm not picking fault with it, I'm just curious as to whether I should be looking for brighter colours, too :lol:)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I LOVE bright colors, and that's really the only reason. It really cheers me up to walk into my room and have a big pink beast of a cage staring back at me :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha! Fairy snuff! :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
i'm always trying to add new stuff to my babies cage, but it all seems so generic! i would love more colorful stuff....i just need to save some money so i can decorate some more
<3

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
now see i like the darker colors... though i do have things with quite a bit of color in the cage it was bought that way and i couldnt do much with it. the hammocks the RFTS makes me are mostly of darker colors. (that's the fabric i gave her). but there's a blue wheel and a neon green hamster ball, and darker blue and lighter blue huts and multicolor ropes. the floor is a light pebble thing and the rock perch is blue, i have corner thingy that's bright yellow too but i use the white ones more often.

but the bright colors of their merits too. they are cheerful if you can look at them long enough without getting dizzy or vomiting from the excessive pink (winks to RFTS). but seriously, the bright colors can be cheerful i'm just not particularly fond of them. i like my darker and more calming colors

·
Registered
814 Posts
I like colors but i've always been more of a dark color lover. My fave colors are black, red, and Navy blue. I've also been into animal print (NEVER real), so i have animal print hammocks and i have some red houses and what not :p Still looks nice to me :D. Matches my room, i should post a pic.. it's all black walls with a red ciling and "blood" dripping from the roof. I know sounds emo but hehe i like it :D I think i'll do that... i'll post a pic asap :p.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
twitch said:
now see i like the darker colors...
That's what I'd been doing; making my hammocks to match or blend with our cages and accessories, but I've been seeing more and more colourful cages and was beginning to wonder if I was missing something :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lizzydeztic said:
i love purple so there's tons of purple in my girls' cages.
Me too, but I thought it might clash with the dark green in the cages :lol:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vixie said:
One of my walls is a deep red, so I tried to match that in the cage. xD
I'm not the only colour coordinator, then :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts