Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am new to the whole rat thing. And I have my 2 males for almost a week.. LOL I know, not long. But, since we got them in the big cage, Orion wont sleep in the bottom with Jayden, and vice versa. When I take orion out for Cuddles, I will put him in the bottom, and he will either Run right back up to the igloo, or sit with Jayden for a little while. Jayden LOVES his litter pan, and he sleeps there. Is that normal? lol I have stick and place tiles on the floor of the cage, cause it is wire, and BIG gaps.. and those poor little feet just fall through. so, I have litter in the Drop Pan under it, and in the litter pan. I also have 2 hammocks.. One on top and one on bottom, which nether use. I also put a little Plastic basket thing in the bottom with a towel, thinking he would like to cuddle in it.. Nope.. Loves the litter pan! lol And Orion.. Sleeps in the Igloo.. I put shredded paper in it.. and he likes to go in there.. Both Alone! :( I Thought they liked companionship? Do they just not like each other? I remember when we had them in a big Tupperware for a night *The cage we had and thought we could use.. the bars where to far apart..* But in the Bin we put Alpine bedding in there.. and Orion LOVES to go and tunnel all in it! It was funny to see for the first time. So, what should I Do to make them more comfy?

Also, while holding Jayden.. he almost like grinds his teeth,and grooms.. ALOT! *Himself that is*.. and he makes these funny noises. What does that mean? LOL Orion is just curious about being out,and doesn't do these things. I actually pet Jayden right on the side of his head.. Under his ear.. and he goes to sleep.. it is soooo Cute! :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Sleeping in the litter box is pretty common, as is sleeping alone (at least, with my boys it is).

I think they enjoy each other's company when they're awake, so that ought to be fine.

Grinding teeth is good! It's often a sign that the rat is relaxed/content.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, *Shew* I am glad. Jayden is Sooo Sweet! And coming from a pet store. Yes, I know that is bad, But I couldn't find a rescue or anything in the area :( And Orion is good too, Just Not as "Cuddly" lol I am glad I am doing ok :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts