Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined today because I love rats. But unfortunately my old man Sparrow is passing away. He's has congestive heart failure. And its taking him. It was kind of a sudden thing. And I'm very torn up. He is very spoiled and the sweetest rat I've ever owned. All I can hope is that he's not in too much pain.
I love you Sparrow. Maybe you'll make a turn for the better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't. They didn't think it'd be too much help. The only options I have is to wait for him to pass or put him to sleep. And unfortunately no vet in my area is open that deals with rats until Monday. And if he makes it that long I'll put him down. But he's in bad, bad shape. I've just been giving him love and trying to make him comfortable :/

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
I've seen it make a massive difference in some rats, from lethargic weak and uninterested in food to active normal rats. Saying that some rats haven't improved at all and some have gone down hill do fast it hasn't been worth trying.

i hope your guy perks up and you can try fortekor, if not i hope you both have a good remaining time together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.