Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had trouble finding a decent enough container I can set in the cage with out worrying the rats spill their Salad! Ive used a glass thing but I'm worried they will drag it around and eventually it will end up shattered on the bottom floor of their cage. Delicate rat feets don't need glass in them! What kind of containers do you guys use to give your rats treats like peas, salads and what not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We get plastic baby bowls from Walmart - super cheap but perfect. They hold up well with all rats here and are easy to wash. They tip but the rats clean up their mess. :lol: If you want something they can't tip, you can get ceramic cat/dog bowls from the dollar store.

Must have pics of the boys!! :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Heavy ceramic is about the only thing my boys don't tip, but they leave long, low dishes along most of the time.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I did use old plastic take-away containers (for treats and as little litter boxes) but last week Ivy and Daphne decided to take their litter box and eat it instead...nice.

I do have large ceramic dishes (like a small dog bowl) for a couple of the bigger cages, and I've never known them to tip them over.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use the thick pottery-type bowls from the pet store. My girls are still to young to move anything heavy though, but I bet they would be hard to move since they are thick, heavy and slippery.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I find lots of flat bottomed dishes at my local dollarstore. Might be worth a look around the ones in your area ;)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Phobie said:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images/Categoryimages/largefeatured/1-19903_smallpet.jpg

I just something like this :) It just clings to the cage and they tear the salad out! Usually they go in through the top and steal it all out though!
ratties are smarter than guinea pigs!! nah nah nah nah nah!! (ok so smart in this case refers to spinal flexibility and actually having a neck)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i hang bits of fruit and veg through the bars of my cage then put treats hidden here and there every now and again, their food mix is in a ceramic bowl which they have never tipped - and theyre big boys.

= D

·
Registered
722 Posts
Kimmiekins said:
The circle ball-like ones? I want those so bad! I wondered if they worked well.
I don't have the circle-ball one, but those look cool, too. The one that I have in my cage is basically just a long, thin metal rod (it actually looks kind of like a shish kabob) with a bell on the end of it. The bell unscrews so you can add treats to it, and the screw the bell back on to put it back in the cage. It's a pretty nifty little thing... I think they're available at most pet stores.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We got the ceramic bowls that are like $6 at the pet stores, at The Half Price Store(now Gordmens)for like 2 bux!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts