Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!! My name is Stephanie and I am new to this forum and rats in general. Long story short I went to the pet store to get my 5 year old a small pet (we already have dogs) and walked in with no intensions of getting a rat, and walked out with one after the associate explained what good pets they are, how friendly they become, and how clean they are compared to other small rodents. Took some convincing to get me over the long rat tail, but here I am a new rattie owner! I purchased the first fancy rat, a black hooded male then went the next morning and purchased him a cage mate, another male with white and grey markings. Next thing I know, I have a giant cage full of ropes, ladders, hanging nets, and toys and way too much money into rats. lol

I think I have read every "All about your new pet rat" post on the internet and watched every youtube rat video possible. I have now had my boys 4 days and it has been such a learning curve. I came to the this forum for help raising these boys to be good pets and to get advice on all my questions I can't find clear answers on google.

Meet the boys

Cage setup :)

Thanks everybody!!!!
Stephanie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m only new to rats too, my partner had them before and she wanted to get them again it’s been a year now and I have zero regrets. They‘re such loving and rewarding little creatures.

Wee tip though, you might wanna grab a second water bottle for the cage, hydration really important for them and it‘s easy not to notice when a water bottle isn’t dispensing water. Safe to have a back up installed just incase one breaks or clogs up :)).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts