Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i was watching nanny 911 (or super nanny, whichever one jo frost is in) and i was sitting on my couch holding penguin (hyper's nickname is penguin, because of her color, i also call her trumpet but that's a different story) and she lost interesting in my bowl of cheese crackers. she leaped off me, and squirmed in between the cushions and was trying to get into the couch frame, so i had to pull out the cushion, hoping she hadn't peed everywhere (my parents would toss her in the snowbank if she did, with me right behind her) and i had to do all this with one of my parents sitting right beside me, and strangely, she didn't even see (or hear) me scream, take out the cushion grab the rat, tell the rat what she did wrong, and put the cushion back.

the idea of the story, if your going to let your rat get loose sitting beside your stepmom, make sure you're watching supernanny!

just thought i'd share that (im not going to share ozzy's couch adventure)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
be careful letting rats play in couch cushions! i had picasso on a friend's couch watching tv once, and one of the guys on the couch was a little larger, pushing couch cushions around in such a way that there was a wonderful pocket for picasso to play in underneath him. when josh sat up to try to help get the rat out from under him, the cushions popped back into their regular places and squished her so badly she cried! :( i think, as your ratty was trying to do, that she may have actually reached the frame of the couch, nevertheless, it was a very sad day for us all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We have one of those couches with the wooden, hard arms, but I definately do fear the idea of using a "Poofy" couch. What if they sufforcate with you just getting up to get a glass of water? I wonder if there's a way to teach them not to go there???? I'd really like to know...Rach

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and i made sure to very carefully pull out the cushion, so that like onlyono said, there wouldn't be any cushion popping

·
Registered
126 Posts
ah i c... So it IS alright to use these too? :S

·
Registered
353 Posts
i dont let wolfy play on the couch anymore.......he always wants in it.....and its a third-hand coudh.... a neighbor gave it to her brothe (also a neighbor) who gave it to us after he moved... so i can only imagine whats in it, them being not clean people

·
Registered
229 Posts
My rats are only allowed to play on the couch with a towel or blanket on it (to cover the cracks between the cushions), or in the hallway upstairs. I'm too scared that if we let them on the floor they'll run away and I wont be able to catch them before they get behind the computers here in the basement, and letting them run around the first floor is too risky because of the cats.

Tonight they had a great time on the couch when I brought out the crinkle tube. http://www.ferretdepot.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/62248.jpg

They stayed in it for pretty much the whole hour and a half we had them out. Dust came out to say hi a few times, but Gohma-the-scaredy-rat stayed inside and groomed herself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts