Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I wouldn't. I'm not entirely sure they couldn't chew their way out. The chip board would probably soak up urine and smell bad really fast. And I don't see how there would be any air circulation at all.

For that price you should be able to get a really nice rat/ferret cage

·
Registered
263 Posts
They can still chew out. And no air circulation. Which would suck. And you'd have a fun time cleaning it, I'd imagine o_o;

Yeah, you could get a good wire cage for that price, or lower even.

·
Registered
137 Posts
zimmyzam said:
Yeah, you could get a good wire cage for that price, or lower even.
I *think* that website is South African, judging by the cities listed in their shipping examples. If so, the price is in Rands, not Dollars.

150 Rand = 22ish American dollars.

But yeah... that terrarium wouldn't work so well, due to the lack of ventilation.

I remember hearing once from a friend who was from South Africa that rats haven't really penetrated the pet market at all there, and so it's almost impossible to find a suitable cage or accessories for them there. Not sure if that's still the case, but good luck with your quest to find one!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Foxx, have you looked at any bird cages? If you found a large one it could be converted into a rat cage with a little tweaking

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glindella said:
Foxx, have you looked at any bird cages? If you found a large one it could be converted into a rat cage with a little tweaking
Well today before i checked this i brought a bird cage for rats so thanks for the help but i already got one!

·
Registered
549 Posts
foxx said:
glindella said:
Well today before i checked this i brought a bird cage for rats so thanks for the help but i already got one!
what can I say... Im a psychic genius :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts