Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she was in a tank at a pet store, the store said they only had females in there, but they could be wrong. ozzy was 8 and a half weeks when we bought her and had a small squishy belly. her belly is firm and a bit bigger now (shes about 10 weeks) she squeaks when i pick her up and put to much pressure around her belly, and shes laying on the back of my other female sleeping, which looks odd, i tried to get a pic but she moved. this is the best pic i could get of her belly

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    64.3 KB Views: 207
  • Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    77.2 KB Views: 206

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well, yes, she could be. She's old enough, and you never know with pet stores.

And her belly does look rounded.

Has she begun nesting at all?

Perhaps you could feed her higher protein foods and set up a nursery just in case?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no she hasnt, ive given her a leftover chicken bone with some meat on it, cooked veggies, sweet potato, bran muffin, pineapple, pepperoni, pizza crusts, basically whatever I dont eat. she has been fighting with her sister though, we were told her and hyper were sisters. they have been attacking each other

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would suggest seperating the two rats. If Ozzy is pregnant u wouldnt want her to get hurt by her sister. Hardboiled eggs are great for Ozzy if she is pregnant. What kind of litter are you using?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a chunky girl who i thought was pregnant.

Its good she's not. Raising babies is tough and risky.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shes around 10-11 weeks now, but thanks, the woman at the pet store knew lots about rats and had her own, so i listened, glad theres knowledgable-er people here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts