Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to litter train for the past month or so, and I just gave up completly last week. Everyone is doing well with the litter box- besides Jay, that is. Jay always manages to get EVERYTHING out of the litter box and onto the fleece. I started them off with Carefresh in the litter box, since that's what they were used to before. Recently, I switched to Yesterday's News, hoping that Jay wouldn't want to throw all of it out of the litter box... but I was mistaken. The other day when I was at PetSmart, I saw this litter box:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...av_dropdown6_link9&parentPage=family&keepsr=1

I was just wondering... what do you all think of a litter box like this? Would it be a bad idea to put a litter box in the cage with those bars across it? And would litter training go just as smoothly with a litter box like this?

I'm sorry that I keep asking so many questions... it just seems like lately I've gotten realllllly into learning everything I can about the little guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sam and Deo are litter trained but they also used their old litter box as a wrestling arena and sent litter everywhere. I now use this litter box, it hasn't helped litter train Baz but at least I don't have to clean up the aftermath of rattie wrestling matches.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I tried using one of these and they just used it as a little perch. They prefer to get in there and feel the kitty litter on their feetsies. I can only get them to go to the bathroom in an open tray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts