Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, right now i am using fleece fabric... but it is really hard and annoying to take it out to clean because the wire spacing is kind of small. also, the laundrey here is coins.... and washing the fleece all the time is starting to add up. what does everyone else use for wire shelves? i know people use linoleum and that seems easier to clean, but how much does it cost? any other creative ideas?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IDEA!
so, i was just looking through really old posts about flooring and someone had the idea of using those plastic chair mats..... cheap and easy to clean = perfect!
but, i was just talking to my mom on the phone about it and she had the most brilliant idea. plastic table place mats! they are like a dollar and have cute patterns/colors!!!!! i'm off to target!

·
Registered
126 Posts
ari3189 said:
IDEA!
so, i was just looking through really old posts about flooring and someone had the idea of using those plastic chair mats..... cheap and easy to clean = perfect!
but, i was just talking to my mom on the phone about it and she had the most brilliant idea. plastic table place mats! they are like a dollar and have cute patterns/colors!!!!! i'm off to target!
Hmm, don't those tear easily?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, not the ones i'm thinking of. they are plastic place mats but they are like 1/4 inch thick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, not the ones i'm thinking of. they are plastic place mats but they are like 1/4 inch thick

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the table mats don't work out (good idea, by the way!) you could also try PlexiGlas or linoleum. It's not as pretty, but I hear it gets the job done and makes for an easy clean up n.n

And who knows? I'm sure you could find some cute linoleum if you looked around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts