Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally when I get the girls out and put them in the rat play pen at work, they pretty much ignore me. They usually run around for a few minutes and then either get in a box and take a nap or curl up in a corner and take a nap. Today, they were nonstop CRAZY! They were jumping, almost making it up the side of the play pen, crawling up my legs (I sit in my office chair in the play pen), climbing all over me, and trying to run all over the place. Several times I had to catch them from somewhere on me and put them back on the floor. I get them out several times a day just to hold them for just a few minutes plus I let them run around in the play pen for about an hour every day. Today was wild! Have any of you experienced a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde episode with you rats? It was exhausting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, my girls are definitely like this! Sometimes they're calm and lovely and have a little scamper around before settling down - then other times they are crazy, bounding around everywhere and leaping up onto my shoulder, chewing everything they can get away with!! Sometimes I think this behaviour is down to them being in heat, but then other times I just think that it's just their mood - they definitely have their own personalities so I guess sometimes they're going to be more happy and hyper than other times, just like people! I just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get into mischief and enjoy watching them as I guess it means they're happy and having fun! Although I agree it is exhausting - I don't have kids but I often think it's must be what it's like to have two mischievous twin girls that you have to keep an eye on when it's playtime!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rats have off days...Mulder(7mos.) can be no-stop, Garrus(5mos.) tags along, they are bonded soles. , Helix, 14mons. can be pretty laid back, and wants nothing but lap time and rubs,,,any given day, or moment,pow,,off they go,,but after all the running, they may just sleep.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My girls never take a nap when roaming around the house. They shoot out of their cage like bullets and it's pretty much non-stop play until they go back in. Then they'll take a long drink of water and settle down for a nap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts