Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You weren’t wrong. Those of you who have explained how heartbreaking it is to lose a rattie. You weren’t wrong. I didn’t, in a million years, think that I would be as affected as I am today after the passing of our sweet little guy, Arwin, and even though I was somewhat prepared for it, it’s still devastating. At 18 months, he just couldn’t hold on any longer. This is the first time my daughters haven experienced the loss of a beloved pet and that, in itself, is just as crushing for me to witness and to try to help them work through. Arwins brother is still with us, but he’s not a fan of humans so I’m finding it difficult to gauge how he’s feeling right now. I think he knew when it happened—his behaviour was “off”. Time will tell but you were right. It sucks. The most amazing thing happened though when we were having our little funeral for him—a beautiful double rainbow. Clear as day. It was kind of perfect. Suited him well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
my baby passed today, too. you think you'd be more prepared, knowing how short their lifespans are going in; but it's never easier. so sorry :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts