Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my boys is in quarantine atm. Nothing to bad just for safty reasons mostly.
Thing is I dont want him to feel to lonley during the sleepy times.
During the day he is with me constantly but he is still sleeping alone.
Dose anyone have any ideas of how to make a sort of cuddle buddy for him?
Something like a small stuffed animal but that have a bit more weight to it to stimulate another body?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've always heard good things about the Ikea stuffed rats/mice. They seem to be safe for rats, and they're a good size too. Unfortunately, they're not available online but I have seen them in Ikea. Here's a link for reference- GOSIG RÅTTA Soft toy - assorted colours - IKEA

You can also get plush dog toys, just make sure they don't have squeakers or anything hard inside them :)

·
Registered
My baby PEW girls, Miri and Bean
208 Posts
I agree with @Willow&Whiskers, the rats from IKEA are amazing! I actually have 3 very old IKEA rats from when I was very young ☺
Those are different plush rats than the ones at my Ikea. Are mine still okay? (Just wondering) They look like this:
Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 4.30.51 PM.png

They're smaller and thinner than the ones you showed. Would they still work? Are they still safe for rats?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Those are different plush rats than the ones at my Ikea. Are mine still okay? (Just wondering) They look like this:
View attachment 303145
They're smaller and thinner than the ones you showed. Would they still work? Are they still safe for rats?
I think they should be fine. When did you get them? If it was recently, they should be fine- I found the ones purchased from Ikea recently are safe for dogs which means they should be safe for rats :)

·
Registered
My baby PEW girls, Miri and Bean
208 Posts
I think they should be fine. When did you get them? If it was recently, they should be fine- I found the ones purchased from Ikea recently are safe for dogs which means they should be safe for rats :)
I got the first one about 4 years ago I think? Then a year later I bought another one and then 2 years after that the third one to complete the set. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could even take some rice or poly fill pellets (if they’re safe- prob research that) and fill a fluffy sock. So nice of you to think of that for a quarantined rattie! I made my girls a sort of bean shape pillow out of fur fabric and filled it with beads when they were young to mimic their mother, not sure if they cared at all but eh..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could even take some rice or poly fill pellets (if they’re safe- prob research that) and fill a fluffy sock. So nice of you to think of that for a quarantined rattie! I made my girls a sort of bean shape pillow out of fur fabric and filled it with beads when they were young to mimic their mother, not sure if they cared at all but eh..
I ended up using rice and secreficed a piece of the beding fabric the boys use.
It got a bit beaten up at the start but it got accepted pretty quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts