Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if any of you rat lovers suffer from any invisible illnesses and if so how does it affect your interaction between you and your rat's. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Today I am having a flare up. For me when this happens it makes it so difficult to not only clean their cage but have play time. My body hurts so much and I lack energy. I make myself get up and do what I have too. I don't think they need to suffer because I am. I am not looking for sympathy, I was just curious if anyone else goes through this and how they cope. I guess one of the great things is that when the rat's crawl on me they don't have enough weight to cause me pain, unlike my cat's and dog's. I take my little ratties out every day for an hour or more for play time. I don't want to cut it short because I don't feel good, it's just really hard when you feel like you got hit by a Mac truck! I would love to hear from any one else who goes through this and how they cope and how they stay comfortable if at all possible. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I too have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue. Honestly, if your cage is adequately sized and you have more than one rat friend they'll be ok for a day or two. There are days when I just can't do much physically & my furry friends are fine. I made sure to put their cage where I spend most of my time so that I can still talk to them & watching them play with each other makes me smile! Do what you can. If you over do it on a bad day it could end up knocking you down for longer!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Owensmom. I don't know if that's correct or not, but thank you so much for your post. I'm glad I'm not alone with this subject, not that I am happy that you get to go through the same painful things that I do. I also keep my rats near me at all times so I can see them and talk to them. I just feel guilty that I can't let them out every day. I also have a broken foot which has made everything even harder. I am relieved to hear that they will be just fine if I can't get them out for play time. I really appreciate you taking the time to post me back about this. Thanks again and I hope to talk to you again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts