Rat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I just purchased two beautiful dumbo siamese females, and once they got home we noticed that one of them carries her tail arched above her back at times, like a husky. It's pretty cute, actually, but I'm worried. It's not (and doesn't appear to have ever been) broken, and she can lay it down straight, like a normal rat tail...but I worry that this could be an indicator of a health or genetic problem. I searched and searched the internet, and found absolutely nothing. Has anyone ever heard of this?? Help!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know if there was a wheel in the cage she lived in before you got her home?
That could be it (;
Some of my girls does the same, after they got a wheel.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How weird! :) Yes, I believe there was a wheel in the cage, that could be it...does the tail curl ever go away? I have never heard of anyone else having this as an issue...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much, I will check out the link...it's a shame, she loves her wheel, but I guess this just means she'll get more free-range time, and I'm sure she won't mind. :wink:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so I just checked out the forum and saw the pic of Kismet, and that's exactly it...so relieved! If it's harmless, maybe I'll just try a bigger wheel. Thanks you all!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
definitely get them a wheel & one they can stretch out on...my girls love their wheel & I have a big one, wide enough for them to run side by side

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My girls love running together. It's funniest when two are trying to run in opposite directions :roll:

A1APassion, I meant to ask you in that thread you linked to - what kind of wheel do you have? Where do you get wheels bigger than 12"? That's the biggest I've ever seen in stores or online.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yeah, its just a wheelie tail. completely harmless.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aww, thanks. :) She has a sister (well, we think they're sisters...purchased from a crappy pet store) who looks just like her. Her tail has straightened out now for the most part, though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Belgie has developed what I'm calling "half-wheelie tail." It's help up farther off the ground than my other girls', and there's a definite curl upwards in the tip.

I've always kind of hoped she would get the full wheelie tail, it looks so cute!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts