Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to think of as many female rat names as possible. I'm getting a third rat on Thursday and normally I make a list of names and once I have the rat I scratch out the ones that aren't fitting.

I have rats named Aurora (after the Disney Princess) and Beatrice (after a British mouse in a children's book).

I'm looking for unique and names that fit in with my current rats names.

What are some names you guys can think of?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My three are named after the midwives from the TV show Call the Midwife. They are Chummy, Jenny and Trixie. :)

You could go with more disney and go for Belle or Lelo or Merida. Or you could name her Jemima after Jemima Puddleduck!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Aurora is my favorite princess! I like out of the ordinary names too. I like when animals are named after plants, flowers, and food, but that doesn't seem to fit your name theme. I really like my hairless girl's name. It's old Irish and is spelled Aoife but is pronounced like "EE-fuh". It's a pretty unique name and she has a really unique persanality. A lot of old Irish names have those sorts of uncommon spellings and pronounciations and usually sound very pretty. I think if I ever end up with another hairless ratty, I'll make it a theme and pick another old Irish name. You can just google old Irish names and find a load of them along with the pronounciations of each. Let us know what name you decide! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
For my girls I have a princess theme going so it's Cinderella and Aurora but those are so long and so they are called Cindy and Rorie. For my next rat I am thinking Belle or Poco (Pocohontis).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have mice names Bailey and Bianca (Bianca is like the mouse in the rescuers) and rats named Piper and Viola. You could look at a baby name book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts