Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ozzy (and hyper) HATES getting her nails clipped, i manage, but she hates it. so about halfway through the process, she will start frantically licking my hands and im pretty sure she's hoping i will think it's so cute that ill let her go back to sleep. she might also be thinking that she's done something bad and that's her way of saying sorry, but anyways..... i just think that's really cute, do your rats do that?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i've given up clipping the rats nails. they are never long enough that they get hurt from them, rather they scratch me to peices. but because its next to impossible to get them all done and horribly time consuming (time i would rather spend playing with them instead of fighting with them) i just put up with their nails. i have found that either when they are begging, being affectionate or saying sorry they will lick me like crazy, it depends on the situation they are in to determine which way they are licking. i figured it out from the rats that only ever licked for one reason then compared it to the rat that licks for everything. i may be wrong, but that's the three meanings i think licking has anyway

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wouldnt clip them either, but they get scarily long and they look painful to groom themselves with, and it bothers me when they are climbing cuz i see long daggers and then it gets to the point where i dont even want to hold them anymore it hurts so bad, it takes awhile but it's worth it.

i have to clip them back little by little bacause i let them get too long and then the quick grew so i have to bring it down slowly ><

1 - 5 of 5 Posts