Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My two neutered boys, Albus and Mithrandir, live on the bottom of a three story cage. They are separate from my older boys since Albus was severely rejected by the older ones that live up top, but he and Mithrandir are inseparable. Mithrandir doesn't really come out of the cage unless I pick him up and take him out, but even then he finds his way back in within a few minutes. Most of the time I'll leave the cage open with a ramp attached so they can come and go as they please during free range and I noticed that Albus is constantly going in and out of the cage; today I figured out why. I keep a seed mix scattered in random places throughout the room and today I caught Albus picking up seeds, taking them back to the cage and dropping them next to Mithrandir. Then he'd come back out, have a little snack for himself and take more for Mithrandir. Made my heart melt a little that he cares that much about his cage mate :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Aww!

I have another cute rat story. I was once trying to get my old rat, Aspen to bob for peas. He wasn't interested, though. So I decided to set him on the edge of the bowl, trying to intrigue him. The bowl's rim was wet though, and he slipped into the bowl.

He hated being wet, so of course I got his contempt stare, but it was funny! Don't worry, I made up to him by fishing out the peas myself and giving it to him. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts