Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Storm my mummy rat has a cyst or tumour under her chin, I noticed it this morning. Obviously I'll take her the vets (it won't be until monday now as they're closed until then) but I don't know if her babies will be ok without her for a couple of hours (they're coming up to 3 weeks old) or if it's a cyst and the vet prescribes antibiotics will this be ok for the babies too as Storm is still nursing them. Or if it's worse case scenario and it's a tumour how long (if everything goes ok) will Storm have to be away from her babies? I'm feeling really confused. Also Storm is very hormonal at the moment and is rather aggressive so it's not easy to get close to her and check the lump. Sorry for all the questions but as I said I'm feeling confused and don't know what to do for the best.

·
Registered
953 Posts
At 3 weeks the babies should be fine if you bring her to the vet. Abscesses are fairly common and very easily dealt with. Hopefully that is all it is. Make sure to let the vet know she is nursing babies currently, if it's an abscess they may put her on antibiotics and you will want to make sure they give her something safe for the babies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts