Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That little rascal, just found out she's chewed a hole in my sheets! Every time I free range her, she is looking to latch on to me solely so that she can use me to get to the ground and make a break for it. I let her onto my bed sometimes and she has always just went to hide in the covers. Lately I've discovered her being very nest-y and constantly making herself nests underneath my comforter. She has this insatiable need to tear stuff up apparently, so I give her paper and fleece strips for the cage, which she does nothing with for more than ten seconds. Now I look at my sheet and find her eating a hole in it! I don't even take her out onto the bed every day and it's rather substantial so she must have been working on it for a while. I immediately took the covers off the bed and she got all flighty and wouldn't stop hiding under my leg and buttox region. When I would move, she would move. She's five or six months old now, so I have no idea why she is doing this. I feel like she's grown into a personality that is interested in me but mostly unenthused. She never bites, never gets aggressive, just does her own thing these days. She has a very stereotypical "cat personality" in that respect. She really doesn't sit still to let you pet her anymore and will never fall asleep next to me like she used to. It's kind of sad, but she is still interested in playing at least. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Registered
455 Posts
She's being a rat teenager. Around six or seven months the hormones kick in and they get a lot like human teenagers. Expect some rule breaking and boy dry pushing. She should settle a bit when she gets older. I remember tearing my hair out when one of my boys went through that stage..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts