Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebony has been itching alot lately, so I suspected mites. Her coat isnt sleek and shiny anymore. When I took her out she had alot of dandruff so I'm guessing thats why she's been itching. What should I do for a rat with dandruff? I don't think they make rattie head and shoulders. :p

·
Registered
489 Posts
well if you ruled out mites,she probally has dry skin. if shes good with a bath, then by a ANIMAL shampoo with aloe and oatmeal in it. just watch those ratty ears. no hsampoo in them. and watch the face too. that might and should help.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I havn't completly ruled out mites. I might buy some Revolution (which I hear is good to treat mites on rats) just to be safe. I do have some small animal shampoo that says its supposed to help with dry, itching skin. I will give it a try. I already know she isn't going to be happy about it. Ebony is very independant and sassy. :wink:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a general idea of how to rid of them. I heard that Revolution works and you don't have to clean everything because it lasts a few days.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
30 days! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
wait, you can use revelution on rats? hmm that i did not know. is it like a smaller dose of a cats version? or is revelution the same for species, just different doses?

and how do they get mites?

now im curious. lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The cat/kitten version is what most people recommend, just one drop.

Rats can get mites from new rats, new toys, new bedding, etc. Or from playing outside in the grass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts