Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm such a new mum about my little guys... Right now, I have Mitch shirt diving and I noticed he has little white specks on his coat. They aren't moving and I sprayed him for mites two days ago as well as cleaning the cage and spraying the two others boys. Can rats get dandruff? Is it something in their diet?

Also I've noticed in their bedding in their igloo there is a few red spots on it. The boys don't seem to be leaking from anywhere visible and there are no wounds or anything on any of them. Am I doing something wrong? Is it blood or porphyrin do you think? Lately all three have become a little less enthused to come out of their cage, but I'm not sure if that was because my partner recently cleaned their room rather loudly or if they are actually sick...

I'm a bit worried... :(

·
Registered
899 Posts
I cant really give you a good answer here im afraid..Rats skin can dry out sometimes so that may be it.

As for the red spots..if there are no wounds i expect its just were theyve rubbed or porphrin in the morning.

Any other symptoms that make is seem they are sick ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oily males can get dandruff. It's kind of like getting porphyrin, except drier. I don't think you have anything to worry about... but then again, I'm not an expert, so don't quote me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts