Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love how easy it is to do a general clean of the FN. But, how do those of you with these cages do a good deep clean of the cage? I have mine covered with hardware cloth and I find that, though I wipe the bars and the hardware cloth with baby wipes, they don't really come clean. And the cage is starting to smell a bit more because of it. Also, things get stuck between the bars and the cloth that I can't vacuum out. How do you do a deep clean since its so big, heavy and difficult to move?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I take an old (or new, they're cheap) toothbrush to mine and try to really get down in there. Mine doesn't have cloth on it, but I suppose it could still help?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have that problem with the hardware cloth too. I ended up having to detach the bottom of each section of cloth enough to pull it out, so I could clean off the cage and the cloth without having stuff still stuck between there. It's a huge hassle, so I do that about once a month. I keep having to resist slipping the girls extra treats to fatten them up a bit so I can take the cloth off completely XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts