Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ratforum, this isn't actually Rosewired, this is her Fiancee, posting on her behalf while she is out of town.

One of our two young rats, Speckle (of the staring worry we had a while back), has degloved, if that is the term for it happening? She has lost the last inch or so of her tail due to my own carelessness. I've currently got her in a hospital cage, and keeping an eye on her. She's had a small dose of Acetaminophen, to help with the pain. I'd like to know your thoughts on degloving, especially in a younger rat. She doesn't seem to be having any issues relating to it yet, she's as energetic as she always is, she's eating, and I believe she is drinking. She's climbing the bars of her cage, attempting to get out and explore if I open the door, playing and wrestling with her sister when they are together. In all aspects she seems to be fine. I've read that degloving is a permanent issue, whereas Rosewired has read that the skin can grow back. I'm sorry for rambling, I'm worried, and ramble when worried. If you all have any advice we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
One of my rats degloved their tail. I kept the cage clean so it couldn't get infected as easily. He is fine but it didn't grow back so now he just has a shorter tail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts