Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our big buck Deimos just caught a mouse. 8O

We've been having a house mouse problem and set out traps (hate to kill them but want our babies to be mite free). My fiance steps out of the shower to hear a loud squeek. I was worried about our oldest girl who has been loosing her balance as of late, but he looked in Deimos's cage and finds him mauling a little mouse. Eww. So he traded him a treat for the dead mouse.

This has to be one fo the strangest things! and we were contemplating borrowing a cat for the mouse problem...all we need to do is let the big guy run around apparently. Wow...just...wow!

·
Registered
188 Posts
When there were mice in our house we set out humane traps. They go in for the food and the door only swings one way so they cant get out. Then you drive at least a mile away and release them at a park or something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jessu

I have done exstensive research and spoken with wildlife experts (i work at a nature and science center) and there are some big problems with releasing house mice once they are caught. House mice are an invasive species. Once released they will become a problem for someone else. Though some are fine with that, I am not. I live in the city and driving even half an hour away I would still be in highly populated areas, so the mice would find a home in some other building. Even if released in the countryside, they can become major problems on farms when they get in the feed for the animals.

Long story short, the best way to ensure the health of my babies is to remove the mice permenantly. Its sad, I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts