Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed recently that since Dotty has gone, Roxy has become very quiet (Doris has always been like that since the day I've had her). She seems to be sleeping loads, getting up occasionally for food and water...and also is less active at night nowdays.
I also just noticed that she had abit of porphyrin round her nose - There's been no sign of sneezing.

Could she be depressed? I feel terrible if she is and have no idea of how to make her feel better. She doesn't seem all that interested in coming out that much either :(
I'm hoping that once Mavis is introduced and can (hopefully!) be put in the cage with them, that it'll cheer them up abit.
Could the fact that she can also smell a new rat (Mavis) round the house add to it?

Any ideas on how I could help make things easier for the girls after losing a cagemate would be really helpful and appreciated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I let Roxy have a good old sniff of Mavis through the cage last night and she went crazy!
She was SO hyperactive. I put her back in her cage with Doris and when I'd open the door Roxy would come running and clamber onto my shoulder with her nose to the air. She was also going really crazy running round my bed.

Altho they've only sniffed each other a few inches away from the cage, is this a good start to an intro? I really hope it is :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts