Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some lab blocks from petsmart today, and i opended them and they smell HORRID. Did i get the wrong thing, they're called Forti-Diet by Kaytee. please help! and suggestions (preferbly that can be found in a store would be greatly appreciated)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have LM and i hate them. Protein is 22%!!!! as opposed to the recomended 14-18%.

Ingredients of LM:Dehulled Soybean Meal(sounds no good), Wheat Middlings(???), Ground Corn(i myself, nor my rats will ever eat corn), Corn Gluten Meal(once again, against corn), ....

I am not happy with LM lab blocks...so go with Mazuri.

Kaytee is terrrrible!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If they smell that bad, take them back! I'm sure any decent pet store will take them back if they smell bad and write them off as spoiled. I worked as a clerk at retail waaay too many years and I know our number one concern is for people to be happy with their products they sale and if they are not happy to find some way for them to be happy so they continue shopping there.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I also do recommend Mazuri. I was just mentioning L&M 'cause they're there (and they're bad, but they're slightly better than Kaytee). :p Mazuri is the best brand sold in pet stores.

I agree, though - if they smell bad, I'd demand a refund and get something else. I mean, Kaytee is pretty bad, but they shouldn't SMELL bad.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow!! I'm so happy I read this thread! I'd been wondering if I should take my rats off Mazuri and try something else. I wasn't sure if Mazuri was good. Yay :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lunachick said:
Wow!! I'm so happy I read this thread! I'd been wondering if I should take my rats off Mazuri and try something else. I wasn't sure if Mazuri was good. Yay :D
THANKS LUNA! MAKE THE BAD OWNERS FEEL WORSE! =] jk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lmao!! Terribly sorry :p I'm just so releieved. But you are not a bad owner. A bad owner wouldn't have even bothered to ask about the food they buy their pets.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
chrisstrikeagain said:
I have LM and i hate them. Protein is 22%!!!! as opposed to the recomended 14-18%.

Ingredients of LM:Dehulled Soybean Meal(sounds no good), Wheat Middlings(???), Ground Corn(i myself, nor my rats will ever eat corn), Corn Gluten Meal(once again, against corn), ....

I am not happy with LM lab blocks...so go with Mazuri.

Kaytee is terrrrible!
actually these first 2 ingredients are good. :)

These are the the first few ingredients of HT 8604 (it is now agreed that 23% protein is too high and most people buy 2018 or 2014, but they used to use 8604 almost exclusively until then.

Ingredients - Dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, flaked corn, ground corn, fish meal, cane molasses, ground wheat, dried whey, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium

1 - 15 of 15 Posts