Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been here in quite a long time but i thought it would be a great place to come and see if i could find out why one of my boys has a very diffrent coat than all my other rats.

Hamilton is a 9 month old big boy. He came from a feederbin, so i dont know anything about where he is from. Hes just over a pound but looks huge compared to my other boys because hes just a big foof!

Hes beige with a lighter almost cream belly and has violet eyes.
What has me stumped is his hair is all soft and super long compaired to my other boys. He never even grew any guard hairs! Hes just a big poof!

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No all of his whiskers are straight, hes just super soft with long floofy hair and no guard hair at all. He really is a cutie though! Hes just a big puff ball.

·
Registered
227 Posts
He is adorable, love the colors. At the end of the day, yes, it would be nice to know a breed, but , your rescued him from a feeder bin, he has a new life thanks to you, kudos. Enjoy the big poof. I got a big poof ball (540 grams) the 2 other boys together might just weigh the same,

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
He could be a Harley I suppose, but he could also be in poor condition. If you pinch the longer hair and gently tug do any appear loose and come out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts