Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is quite funny. Cheddar is *assumed* under a year old and has only known aquariams as a place he has called home. Now he is in a ferret cage with tubes that run up and around the cage. He has braved the mighty climb (rather small) up the tube and I came home to find him inside the tube, afraid to get down! lol. I'm letting him stay, hoping he'll learn to climb down, should I do that or how long should I wait? Don't want him to stay up there forever!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
He'll come down. :lol: He might just be comfy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just afraid he doesnt know how to get down and is afraid. He isn't moving, so you may be right about the comfort... such adorable animals!

·
Registered
359 Posts
when he gets hungry enough he will come down!!! lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha I'll leave him be until he gets the grand idea of hoppin down! lol Just wanted to play with him after gettin home. Think he is still learning. Only had him for about 5 or so days now. I am so happy that I adopted him though! :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Only if he's not eating or drinking, I suppose.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yeeep. My boys love to find odd things or places to sleep in. And they've never gotten stuck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Cheddars is still in the tubes, come morning, if he is still in there, I'll help him out! :) Such a silly rat... gotta love'em

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... Unless he's still really sppoked from his last encounter wit my cat... I think he felt safe up there or something. BIts of food laid out where I last cleaned. How long will he be scared? He doesnt want to come up and play like he first used to...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
You're probably going to have to work to regain his trust. It sounds like you really traumatized him. Though, getting him a friend would encourage him to be more playful. Lone rats sleep a lot, I find.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since he is about full grown now, will it be easier for him to get along with a really young rat or should I adopt an older one about his age?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
With a male, younger is better. Introducing my three-month-olds to my older boys is being horribly frustrating.

If you're worried he might not accept them, you could get two, so they could live together if something goes wrong. But I wouldn't think it would. *crosses fingers*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts