Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my little boy Romeo is obsessed with cleaning. He just has to clean my hands and my face as soon as I let him out to play, even if I've just washed. But he has a weird obsession with trying to clean the inside of my nose. And Jellybean started doing the same, I think he learned it from his brother. It makes me laugh, but its a little weird.

Do any of your rats have weird obsessions like that? ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
yesss! same with my girls LOL she tries to clean the inside of my nose and at some points tries to pry my mouth open haha! but that is a little too much for me :p I love my girls <3

·
Registered
71 Posts
None of my rats have gone for my nose yet (which I'm quite grateful for), but my last rat pack absolutely loved cleaning the inside of my mouth and I was able to train them to give me rat kisses on the lips on command, which my family found horrifying but I thought was super cute. In my current rat pack Oscar is obsessed with picking at my lips whenever they're chapped. At first I thought he must just really like the taste of my chap stick, but since he does it even when I haven't applied chap stick for hours I think he's just being helpful in his own rattie way.

I think it's very cute when rats try to help with your grooming!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Omg, I thought I was the only one who had weirdo rats who try to pry mouths open. I can try my best to seal my mouth shut and somehow Dex is strong enough to pry it open and clean. Is it bad for them to clean the inside of your mouth I wonder? Lol

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My three dumbos do a booger check every time they are out. So gross!

·
Registered
539 Posts
One of my girls likes to clean our ears and noses... and lick everywhere she can reach.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
It's there a karmic rule somewhere that overly greedy dentists get reincarnated as rats? We've had two rats that would both clean our teeth and steal our money afterwards. How could they not have been dentists in a previous life?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stormy is extremely interested in licking my nose and getting her whole head in my mouth, Shadow will lick my lips if I just ate something she likes, and Dusky pushes me away with her little rat hands if I get my face too close to her. Maybe instead of training people to be dentists, we can just hire a bunch of rats to do the job. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts