Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been crying this past hour. Yes, I AM going through an emotional state, and yes, i take them out and love them, and i feel like they hate me. I feel like i have been on my tablet 2 much although that is not really true. But i feel like my rats hate and im going through emotional stages again. Im sick of going through emotional stages

·
Registered
20 Posts
They don't hate you! I'm sure they are very grateful for you giving them a home and food even if you paid little attention to them, which I doubt is true, considering you are here you obviously care about them. I don't think rats really understand sadness like a cat might, but that doesn't mean they don't care. I'm sure they love you in whatever way a rat feels love.
When I'm sad I'll just sit with one of my animals and pet them and pet them until they seem very happy. Try petting your rat for a while and watch them brux and see how happy they are to be pet and to be your friend. :) That's how I think of it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Really. I love animals and plants and I'll just stroke and talk 2 them unless I am under a pile of blankets sobbing and am avoiding them until i feel better because its about one of them. I love animals and nature more them anything. Thanks for your support! I get emotional and they make it better. Thank you! From the depths of my heart!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ik my rats like me, i just feel so, i dont know, emotionally sick sometimes. I want my animals to love me more them anything. I spent about a hundred dollars on them for xmas this year

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your rats are so lucky to have you and to be loved so deeply by you. You're giving them such a wonderful gift, to be able to have you for their human! I'd be willing to bet that you mean the world to them, even if they don't show it all of the time (sometimes their minds might be on other things, like food or creating their next adventure or deciding what they're going to chew next… rats tend to have their own ratty agendas :) ). And I know without a doubt that they need you more than anything else and that you matter so much to them… you're their human (a wonderful, loving one at that!) and that alone is a connection that is irreplaceable. Sometimes when we're feeling really sad or if we're being really hard on ourselves, it can feel like we're looking at the world through a dark pair of sunglasses - everything just seems darker, especially how we think others feel about us (even though they might feel the complete opposite of what we worry they might feel). It's so hard to experience such difficult emotions, and I hope that you have someone in your life that you can turn to for support when you're having a tough day. It's so wonderful that you have your animals to help you feel better - keep snuggling with them when you find it helpful, and be extra kind to yourself, ok? Take care <3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts