Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have three boys, Mimo, Jax, and Remy. My office is pet friendly and I would love to bring the boys to work, but would it be stressful for them if I were only to bring one of them at a time or do they need to stay together at all times? When we go to the vet, I bring all of them even if only one has an appointment. Let me know if you have any information/experience on this topic!!:)

·
Registered
Clover Bean Yuly, Cookie Oreo Yuly, and Dobby Garlic Yuly.
47 Posts
It really depends on the rat. I don’t recommend taking rats places if they are not super bonded to you and have simple recall training. They don’t need to be together all the time, and I can tell you from experience that keeping an eye on three naughty rats is very difficult XD. I would personally bring the most well behaved boy that I know doesn’t bite, and can chill on my shoulder for a good amount of time. Also make sure the rat is ok being handled by strangers in case a coworker wants to hold them or give them pets. Be cautious though because many people may not be used to holding a squirmy rat, and could accidentally drop them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It really depends on the rat. I don’t recommend taking rats places if they are not super bonded to you and have simple recall training. They don’t need to be together all the time, and I can tell you from experience that keeping an eye on three naughty rats is very difficult XD. I would personally bring the most well behaved boy that I know doesn’t bite, and can chill on my shoulder for a good amount of time. Also make sure the rat is ok being handled by strangers in case a coworker wants to hold them or give them pets. Be cautious though because many people may not be used to holding a squirmy rat, and could accidentally drop them!
Thank you!!! How do you determine if a rat is super bonded to you?

·
Registered
Clover Bean Yuly, Cookie Oreo Yuly, and Dobby Garlic Yuly.
47 Posts
Good question! I’m not exactly sure, but you kind of just know. The rat knows you and gets excited when you come near the cage, they let you pick them up with ease, they like hanging around you, that kind of thing.

·
Registered
Madam Squeakster and Señorita Squeaks
247 Posts
When it tries to follow you around everywhere and comes as soon as you call and never wants to be without you. If your rats are super bonded to you, you can tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts