Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I'm on the computer (all day :roll:) I have one or some of the girls out with me. Right now, I have my babies Kismet and Magic out. Magic was climbing around and bruxing for the first time, and it was so cute to hear! And then she actually boggled! She's the youngest rat I've ever had boggle (about 7 weeks now? Maybe 8, I'd have to check), and I was SO happy to see and hear it!

Now, she is on my shoulder with her head buried in my hair, taking a nap. A couple minutes ago she woke up and walked around on my shoulders and tried to climb onto my head underneath my bandana, and bruxed a bit more before settling back down next to my neck :D

And right before I brought her out this morning, I was thinking that it was strange I've had her for almost a week and I didn't really know her very well. Today she's been showing her personality so clearly, she must have been reading my mind! :D

It makes me recall the first time I decided to give Rokk a bath, before I took him to the vet. Usually when I went up to his cage, he was right there in front, bruxing and begging me to bring him out. That night, he knew something was up, and he actually ran and hid from me in his igloo. I peeked in there, and he was madly grooming himself! I could almost hear him thinking "Gotta get clean! Gotta get clean!" He even attempted grooming his tail, which was the worst part and what I really wanted to try to clean off. It was so very cute! He ended up hating the bath but forgave me anyway - and kept himself cleaner after that :lol:

Does anyone else have stories of rats reading your mind? I'd love to hear them! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Animals are HIGHLY intuitive. The main reason that they are so in tune is because they dont have that pesky free-will to deal with. The absense of such allows for a deeper connection (metaphyscally speaking).

I meditate daily and have for nearly 30 years and all of my babies are in tune with the fact that when Mom is meditating, they have to chill and be quiet. They can be hyper, running around and meeping up a storm and the minute I start meditating, they settle right down.

Animals are so connected and aware of the energetics....and they are even MORE in tune towards 'their people'.

Thats what I believe anyway :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My boys know they get fed at night. The time changes each night (whenever I go to bed), but somehow, they only come running to the door whenever I'm coming down to feed them. Clever buggers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, I'm not sure about my rats yet, though Tobby will brux in my ear when I'm relaxed and happy.
But I know cats are in tune with human emotions. I not only read about it, but my 5 cats will literally swarm you, crawl over you, lick your face when you cry. They get hyper when you're happy, etc. It's pretty interesting! :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Morgan knows I don't want him to climb Bert's cage when he is out playing with me on the couch or computer, so he goes to try it anyway XD He's usually doing the opposite of what I want him to do. I tell him he's full of p!ss and vinegar XD But he also loves to give me kisses during a good hand wrestling session which is incredibly cute.

Bert jumps out of his hammock and runs to the door when I come home or call his name. I think he reads my mind cause he does that even when I don't call his name (if he isn't taking a huge nap and too comfy to do so) Hobbes has been coming out of his shell more and more everyday and is becoming quite a lap rat because I was just thinking of how I miss the wonders of lap ratdom. None of my boys are huge lap rats but Hobbes is learning. Bastian can be a pretty good lap rat too, he boggles when he sits on my lap.

Not sure what any of that has to do with reading my mind, but they all seem to know how to make me happy (or in the case of Morgan how to make me P.O.ed yet end it on a good note with kisses thus making me laugh)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts