Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a DIY edible glue. I've been wanting to build things for my rats and rabbits, but I don't want to use store brand glues. I saw this and I just wanted extra opinions on whether or not this would be okay. In my opinion this is perfectly fine, but I just want to make sure everyone else thinks so. I want to be sure that I'm not forgetting something important about rat's health and what they can and cannot have. I'm also going to ask my rabbit group just so I know if my rabbits can ingest this too in case they decide to chew it.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is kind of a DIY edible glue. I've been wanting to build things for my rats and rabbits, but I don't want to use store brand glues. I saw this and I just wanted extra opinions on whether or not this would be okay. In my opinion this is perfectly fine, but I just want to make sure everyone else thinks so. I want to be sure that I'm not forgetting something important about rat's health and what they can and cannot have. I'm also going to ask my rabbit group just so I know if my rabbits can ingest this too in case they decide to chew it.

I don't know if they can eat it or not, although the ingrediants seem harmless.
I would be concerned that the sugar in the recipe would encourage them to eat it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing that could be harmful to you rats is the sugar.
Rats really like sweet things and the sugar might cause them to eat the glue.
When I owned mice I used the following recipe and never had problems.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If you're doing paper or papier mache projects, flour and water or a rice paste is fine.

If you're looking to build things with wood and/or cardboard, I'd just use a non-toxic wood glue or hot glue. Rats like chewing on stuff and destroying it but if it's not food, your rats aren't going to eat it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing that could be harmful to you rats is the sugar.
Rats really like sweet things and the sugar might cause them to eat the glue.
When I owned mice I used the following recipe and never had problems.
I'll try this instead!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts