Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Only ladies. I dont like having the same sex together because I feel like In will favor one sex over the other the the other cage wont get as much attention, so if they are all in the same cage then BAMN, everyone gets the attention. :]

plus males still scare me a little.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Boys. I love that they're so big and squishy and lazy and they're so much fun to cuddle....

But we decided on boys to avoid accidental litters and such from the pet store (where we got the first couple). :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
[align=center]I have all girls because:

1. My mom didn't want me to have huge rats, and since females are smaller....yeah.

2. I've heard males pee a lot more to mark stuff.

3. Males are more lazy-ish and less playful-ish.

4. Males have unsightly nuts.[/align]

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Whiskers said:
[align=center]
Nonsense. They're cute.

In a special way. :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forensic said:
Whiskers said:
[align=center]
Nonsense. They're cute.

In a special way. :lol:
That's the best part if you ask me. It always brings a smile to my face. :] Plus, if they didn't have them then we wouldn't have so many cute little rats in the first place!

Boys for me...despite their awful smells. :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have all girls now (although I did have one male as well). I first decided on girls for purely shallow reasons - boys have such big goolies! ^^;; Plus I thought girls would be more fun to have. Little did I know, girls are crazy and love to get into trouble :lol: But I love my psycho girls, and even though I may get another neutered male or two in the future (accidental litters seem far too common for me to be comfortable with two separate intact gender groups), I'll probably stick mainly with the ladies :D

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have all girls...I didnt know boys were more cuddley. Hopefully in a few weeks, ill be getttin a nuetered boy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Three ladies here. Last time I had mix gendered rats (not in the same cage) I landed up with 11 little ratlings andI don't even know how. From now on if I ever do get males they will be kept in a seperate room all together or all the boys or all the girls will be fixed.

The boys privates never bothered me. I actually find them sort of cute.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I got girlies because
a) They're smaller and softer in old age, and I'm still trying to convince my roommate that not all rats belong in sewers

b)They're smaller, and I have limited space

c)They're a little more independant (from what I've heard),and I wanted to be able to just let them go on my bed if I'm busy.

d)Male gentelia. Doesn't bother me too much, but it's... out there, hanging. And again, trying to convince roomie/boyfriend that rats are cute!

Oh, and there's two of them!

·
Registered
59 Posts
2 girls for me...and i got my first one when she was too small to tell...and after i knew i got another female for a friend.

the males...lol parts bother me too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2 boys.

I got boys because I heard they're squishy and like to lay in your lap (my kinda rat). Of course the two rat boys I GOT are hyper to no end :lol: not to mention incredibly squirmy.
I also heard they don't smell as bad as people think they do, but I haven't had females so I have no clue.
And I also wanted bigggggg rats.
^^

1 - 17 of 17 Posts