Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-click-

I just ordered it from where I work (I have a job where the employees can order merchandise and not pay shipping, it's great). I'm so excited about getting it. :D The cage calc says four rats, but it's going to only house two females (for the time being, at least). I really like the look of Super Pet cages and I'm pleased that they finally have one suitable for ratties without the whole 1" spacing thing. I'll be sure to post pictures and let everyone know how I like it when it comes in next Tuesday.

Oh, and one more question. I know a lot of you are fond of fleece as bedding/level covers, but because I'm not a girly girl and don't knit or sew or anything like that, I have no idea where I would get fleece. Can you just go to the fabric section at Wal-Mart and buy it, or is it more complicated than that? :p (I'm in the south where there's almost a Wal-Mart on every corner).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I live in the south too, and I went to wal-mart to get some fleece, and they said that they had removed their fabric section...so I went to hancock's fabrics. I don't know if there is one by your house, but they have a discount bin where I get all my fleece for really cheap, and there are usually really cute pieces in there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rattiegma said:
I live in the south too, and I went to wal-mart to get some fleece, and they said that they had removed their fabric section...so I went to hancock's fabrics. I don't know if there is one by your house, but they have a discount bin where I get all my fleece for really cheap, and there are usually really cute pieces in there!
I've seen Hancock Fabrics in Houston, but I don't know if they exist in this area [I've since moved from Houston to about an hour and a half away from Houston, near the Lousiana border]. But I'll google it and if I don't find that store, I'm sure there's some other kind of fabric store in the area...

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the cage and I love it! I have two girls in it right now, plenty of room!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The best place to get fleece would be at a JoAnn store. At this time of year they have a ton of fleece to choose from and it is usually always on sale. It looks like there might be one kinda close to you. Otherwise you might try online. Ebay has a ton of fleece or I have had good luck ordering fabric from Fabric.com. Their fleece will be in the apparel and fashion section.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw that cage on the back of a rat magazine and have been on a hunt for it for two months now.
No luck though. Nowhere within two hours of me sells it.

Its a great looking cage though. If I owned it the wheel would come out as my girls have no interest in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts