Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if anyone in the Uk either is, or knew someone selling a single level Ferret nation cage ??

If not what is the average price for a single level and where could i get it in the UK ?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am cage hunting ! need advice lol

I have seen a few cages around. Including a savic freddy 3..which looks good but i cant find anywhere selling them ???

Also i have had a look at liberta cages. Martins cages...((which i dont really like)) And of course feisty ferret , and ferret nation. Is there a FN that comes in a single story ?? I dont have the room for a double. And it will be big enough for my teeny girls lol

Ive also seen the Shak cage...Anyone have experience with it ??

Is this similar to the ferret nation ??

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+10431+16588&pcatid=16588

Anyother reccomendations will be taken =)

Thanks in advance

x

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Re: I am cage hunting ! need advice lol

how i would love a ferret nation. basically if you're in the uk though, you'll either have to pay out the wazoo for it, or settle for something else. yes, ferret nations come in one-stories, with or without the wheel base. the best deals in the us seem to be from ferret.com.

fiesty ferret seems to be a cheap knockoff of the ferret nation, so it's up to you if you want to go for it, but if the FN is at all similar in price ever, i'd go for that one first.

martin's cages are rumored to be the best thing for rats besides the FN, which you'll have to cover with hardware cloth anyway since you have small girls. and yes, i think you can get 6 or 7 little girls in a single-FN.

i think someone talked about the shak cage here recently, and it was a great cage, but is mostly plastic, and doesn't have open ventilation on all sides unless you add on to the cage by buying only screen-sided panels. it's great because it's apparently very easy to clean and fun because you can add on to it in any way you'd like. of course it's horrendous-looking, haha.

that last cage you posted a pic of would be awesome for rats (it seems to be another FN knockoff) but again, with 1" bar spacing, you'd probably have to cover it with hardware cloth anyway. cage calculator says that cage will hold about 8 rats as well...

the deciding factor is really how much money you got, and where they'll ship, etc. rat lovers will honestly make anything work! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts