Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just lost my beautiful Lucy on Sunday and I miss her so much, now I just have my baby Ella, she doesn't seem bothered by her being gone, she is still acting normal, but what I am wondering is if it's worth getting Ella another girl or should I leave her by herself if she is happy, she didn't get on with Lucy that we'll she would pick on her what if she doesn't like the new rat? Any opinions?

·
Registered
444 Posts
How old is Ella? If she is a baby I would say it is definitely worth getting her a friend. If you intend on getting keeping rats for the near future I would recommend getting two. That way you have a trio and you're less likely to end up with a lone rat again. If Ella had a cagemate previously she will probably want another one, rats are very very social and unless there is a particular reason (such as severe aggression) it's practically essential for them to live in pairs or more. When you say she was picking on Lucy was she such asserting her dominance or was it actual aggression?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got her in December so she is about 11months, she is still very playful and crazy (think she is a bit mental haha) she would bite Lucy randomly and always pee on her so I know peeing on her is dominance but the biting thing was upsetting, I am worried about getting two new ones incase they gang up on Ella at the end of the day it's her home I don't want to upset her by bring new rats in that attack her, she still seems pretty happy by herself she comes out and plays with me and stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts