Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was planning on getting a Ferret Nation 142 so that I can amalgamate all 8 of my girlies.

BUT, I'm feeling reasonably creative right now and wonder if it would be possible to make a cage out of a large dog crate?

Has anyone else tried this? If so, what do you use for shelves within? How did you attach them? And obviously I'll need a sturdy wire mesh to cover the cage - as bar width will be a serious concern.

Just wondered whether it would be a relatively straight forward venture?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
this was done for a couple of grandbabies of mine when they went to their new home. they were supposed to be homed with the resident rats there but poor genetics on my grandbabies side showed its ugly head and my grandbabies could not be housed with other rats at all. i have pictures on my comp, but as i don't have access to it right now i can't upload them. it looks like a simple set-up though. i think they used cardboard and apple branches for the level. in any case i'll post them when i get back to my comp.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
twitch said:
this was done for a couple of grandbabies of mine when they went to their new home. they were supposed to be homed with the resident rats there but poor genetics on my grandbabies side showed its ugly head and my grandbabies could not be housed with other rats at all. i have pictures on my comp, but as i don't have access to it right now i can't upload them. it looks like a simple set-up though. i think they used cardboard and apple branches for the level. in any case i'll post them when i get back to my comp.
Oh brilliant. Thank you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.