Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO far my dog and my rats are getting along great. I am being very watchful still, but it appears as though they will all be good friends. I lost my oldest dog a few years ago, and Chichi the Chihuahua has been very lonely. She has been having a BLAST playing with the rats and they seem to really like her too. I will add a few pics below to show you how cute they are together. I really wanted them to bond just in case one of the rats makes an escape! I dont want chichi to attack them. I am hoping the playtimes together will help this. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
My roommate's dog is a bit too hyper still (she's only 9 weeks old) to be tolerated by the rats. She always wants to play with them. She got her nose nipped by Perry the other day and she deserved it. Maybe when she's older I'll trust her with the little ones. Maybe.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my dog sheba is very patient and well mannered around my pets. she LOVED my guinea pigs and my rabbit, but i was terrified to let her see the rats. she just sits on the floor while they are on the couch, looking at me with big puppy eyes (she somehow knows how to make her bottom eye lids droop when she wants something) and waits patiently until i allow her to be nose to nose with a rat. ronny likes to give her kisses. it's sweet. i won't allow my shitzu(SP?) "germ" around the rats though, he's way too high strung and he's not very obedient with me, he was a rescue dog and a bit of a pain in the ass at times. i think sheba thinks the rats are her puppies. she wont pick them up but she likes to give them kisses. i should let them play today and get a few pictures. i'm still too scared to let her on the couch while they are there though, she may hurt them. she's little, but a giant to a rat though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts