Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rat introductions went very well, i think. there havent been squeaks too often and no blood drawn. Im just wondering how long my girls are going to be acting like ratty ninjas. they face each other, stand on their hind legs, and look like they're trying to see whos tallest. other activities include walking all over each other, shoving each other in the face, and pushing each other on their backs, and grooming until the other one sqeaks.

will they ever calm down with each other?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
probably never. it may calm down after a couple weeks but they'll probably always scrabble as you add new treats and foods, after you clean the cage or reorganize it, as they go in and out of heat (if they are girls), etc. :) just give them stuff to play with and hopefully they'll be preoccupied most of the time.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I find it really rude when Belgie practically claws at Lola or Sevilla when she wants food from my hand and their head is in the way. And she and Sevilla are (I think) sisters, so that's been going on for forever.
Not to facilitate GGMR too much, but I got a third rat when Belgie and Sevilla were driving me nuts with beating on each other. It kind of worked, there's more going on to distract them with Lola around, the competition isn't quite so intense just between the two of them anymore. Maybe you want a THIRD? :lol: :twisted: (meant to be a happy little devil)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i do have three now! i added two baby girls to be with my old lady rat.

tonight i think the ranking switched around yet again. one of the babies is just always in charge. she dominated my older girl the first day they met and they havent fought since. whats weird is that even though she seems to be the alpha, she wants nothing to do with the other girls. she comes and sits on my shoulder rather than playing with them. i guess she not only wins most every fight, but also is very independent.
the fighting is mainly between the old one and the other little girl. for a while, my old one had been ranked third...but i think tonight she claimed second place. the little one tried to steal her food and she bopped her on the nose. then she power groomed the little one until she squealed.

its so funny to see the little girl standing up and trying to look taller than the big one though. they stand on their back legs and push at each other with their fronts. she doesnt back down though, even though my oldest is 2.5 times her weight

i guess i didnt really expect it to stop completely, but i do hope you're right and they calm down a bit over the next few weeks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts