Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my boys passed away yesterday and since I planned on not getting any more rats after him and his brother I'm down to one. Are there any things I should do to make sure Moose (the rat in question) is cared for properly? He's a little over two years right now so I don't see rehoming him as a good option, and I'm pretty set on not getting any more rats. My current plan is to either move his cage up into my room or set up a little area for him so that he can be with me whenever I'm home, but other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Registered
Twig and Sprig 馃挄
One of my boys passed away yesterday and since I planned on not getting any more rats after him and his brother I'm down to one. Are there any things I should do to make sure Moose (the rat in question) is cared for properly? He's a little over two years right now so I don't see rehoming him as a good option, and I'm pretty set on not getting any more rats. My current plan is to either move his cage up into my room or set up a little area for him so that he can be with me whenever I'm home, but other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Spend as much time with him as you can. I got my rats a snuggle sack that you wear and they sit in so that you can bring them anywhere with you! I love it! 馃挍

Registered
Sorry to hear about your other rat passing yesterday.:(
Regarding Moose, I like the sound of the little area for him to be with you a lot.
Does he like being toted round with you, around the house? Like in a hoody or similar?
All the best with him. I don't blame you for not rehoming him at his age.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you both for the advice! I've decided to leave his cage in the main family room so he has some stimulation during the day when I'm not home (other people in the house work from home). He's currently sleeping in his carrier next to me but I'll look into maybe getting/finding something so I can bring him around with me more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts