Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was hoping for some advice for my old girls. They are about two and a half years old now.
Recently we had two of their sisters pass, and my single critternation seems too huge for just the two smol, old ladies. They also don't move around as much anymore. One of my babies in particular seems to be having a bit of trouble climbing as well. I was wondering if I should downsize? I'm not sure if it would be cruel or not...
I've been looking at Facebook marketplace and I've had my eye on an All Living Things Rat Starter Kit Cage.
It would just come with the shelves and ramps. If I were to get it I wouldn't use the ramps or shelves as I don't like them. I'd fill the cage with hammocks, baskets, ledges, and etc. for enrichment. And of courseto make sure its safe if they fall.
The measurements are 28in L x 17.5 in W x 30in H.

Thank you for reading!:)

·
Registered
Oliver Bean, Phyllis, Waffle, Taco, Atlas, Cirrus, Orion
2,494 Posts
Hi and welcome! No need to downsize. The single CN is the perfect size for two old ladies. You can put lots of hammocks in and arrange them so they can climb from one to another.

And congrats on your old girls! I have one who will be 3 in Oct, and she has a tumor, and isn't getting around that well but she still tries and manages to get to all the levels, just a little slower. The exercise I think helps their mobility as they age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts