Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is dried banana okay to feed your ratties as treats?

I buy them from my local pet store and my girls love to have them as morning and nightly treats - they only have small pieces.

I hav had a look on the food sticky on the forum, but I don't think banana chips have been mentioned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think dried banana is fine in small quantities. I am pretty sure those little guys are high in saturated fats (depending on how they are prepared).

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
thats one of the things in suebees mix isnt it? i give them to my rats and they love them, i once bought them a big bag from the bulk barn and ended up eating the bag myself

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea. I buy them in little bags for 50p from the pet shop up the road.
I don't think people can eat them tho, as they taste quiet nasty, lol.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rat_ratscal said:
im talking about banana chips, but apparently there is a difference
I am to.
Just that some people may get them confused with chips made out of banana or something :lol: That's why I put dried banana.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The hard bananna chips in the health food sections are usually fried believe it or not. They're fine for treats and things though. You can get just plain dried banannas, they're called "simply Banannas" (that's the only brand i know of anyway). I used to use them in my home made food mix. Now i dry my own banannas (saves lots of money)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts