Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this stuff called FiberCore Eco-Bedding? I saw it in PetCo yesterday and decided to try it since it claimed to be "completely dust free". One of my rats had a respiratory problem in the past, so I'm very particular about being dust free (I've been using astroturf as recommended by my vet.. works surprisingly well!)

It's only been a day but it seems pretty great so far. It's basically little thin strips of "crimped" cardboard. They seemed to have a blast last night digging and burrowing in it (only drawback to astroturf.. no burrowing :(

Anyone else try it?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I read a comment somewhere that the stuff turns to mush when it gets wet. (urine or otherwise) so they stopped using it as a bedding per se & just added a small amount for them to nest in since they loved playing with it so much.

Let us know if you experience this.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I've not tried it - but if you're intent on being dust free why not use fleece or towel as bedding? I have a few with resp issues and the towels have helped clear a lot of it up

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love Eco-Bedding, though not alone. Since it's paper, it does nothing in terms of scent control. Rats love it, but I - when I use non-fabric/towel bedding at all - combine it with something else.

It IS dust free, though. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts