Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was about to take my darlings out today, when i opened the door they were both trying to get out when ozzy put hyper's WHOLE ear in her mouth, bit down and pulled HARD! i picked ozzy up and i said "no biting hyper, is not nice!" so i put them back in, she bit her ear again then ran into her igloo so i wouldnt lecture her again (which was rather cute), then came back and did it again! this followed by licking hyper's back then i took her out because i didnt want it to happen again.

is this just power grooming? should i seperate them? hyper didnt squeak but i dont want her getting hurt, i think i might have caught the end of the first "dominance display" ozzy was pulling today, could that be related to the ear biting? ive never seen her do any of this before, is she just becoming a naughty girl? what is this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i beleive she is trying to be playful or showing dominance. but is hyper not doing anything about it?

·
Registered
155 Posts
then you just need to keep doing what you did first even if she retreats you need to find a way how to teach her not to. if pookie does anything that winkie does not like she pushes her down and corners her like she is saying "dont do it again!" and that is as far as it goes. pookie bites winkie but not hard enough to draw blood or leave a mark.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Like it has been said many times before, no blood no foul. Unless one of your rats is seriously injuring the other and blood is drawn, it's best to leave them be. It's probably something that's just part of their nature and you need to let them work it out, even though it's sometimes hard to watch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
this morning winkie started pulling pookie towards where they sleep like "come on! i need you for warmth... i am naked!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts