Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new cage. I have two big boys who have been living in an old Rat Manor. It was always a little warped, but I think I see the beginnings of rust.

I like the size and layout of the Rat Manor, but I find it incredibly cumbersome to clean. I'll spring for the single Critter Nation if I have to, but I'd rather not spend that much money (know anywhere to get it for a reasonable price?). How easy is the Martin's Cages Rat Highrise to clean?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I love my Double Critter Nation cages. I had a rat manor for a month or so and hated to clean it. You could use zip ties to attach the levels of your Rat Manor- so at least you won't have to deal with them falling off when cleaning the cage... Critter Nations are sometimes very cheap on Amazon but you might have to wait for them to get on sale again. You might get lucky and find someone on Craigslist selling a cage for half its price or less...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 2 of the martin's cages...don't remember the name, but they are the largest 2 story cages that they have. Although the cages are great, I just ordered a double critter nation because I find it difficult to clean the Martin's. In order to clean the poops and food bits, etc. that inevitable fall between the cage walls and the lip of the base, you need to physically lift the cage walls. Well, I hurt my back doing this. I will still use the cages because I spent a lot on them and they really are great cages. But, only for 2 of my rats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts