Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only been this past week that I've noticed the girls aren't eating as much as they usually do - they quite happily eat the treats I give them. But you could gurantee every morning that I their one bowl was empty and I'd have to refill it.

I don't know if it's perhaps because of what's happening to Dotty...? Or maybe it's the fact that Dotty was/is the main eater but isn't feeling to good after her trip to the vets.
Or is it possible that it's because I've mixed some new food into their regular food...? I've added rat mueli from Pets At Home into their usual diet of Reggie Rat and rat nuggets from PAH. They have ate the museli before now.

I'm not sure but I think they may also be drinking less to. But as I said I'm not 100% sure about that. But then again that could possibly be linked into the fact that they aren't eating as much as usual.

Could it be perhaps that I'm giving them Baytril twice everyday and could therefore be in rattie grumps with me...? :lol:

Any input or thoughts would be great :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
try feeding dotty by hand. sick rats usualy take food if its from your hand.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually saw Dotty eating a rat nugget on the platform the other night.
I also gave them a big bowl of fruit and veggies the other night which they completely emptied the next morning - well they left a few bits of brocolli and cucumber, but that's nothing unusual.

It's just really confusing. I hope that once Dotty is better and back with her family everyone will cheer up and be back to normal again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts