Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have tips on finding rat-goods on eBay? Are there particular sellers who are really good? Search terms that work really well?

Edit: Are there any online stores that sell inexpensive, quality rat "stuff?"

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
What sort of 'stuff' are you looking for, exactly?

There's an ebay seller that sells FNs I know that, but there's always 'ferret' hammocks on there. Many rescues have their own stores with decent prices, and you can also check ferret.com, etc.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yeah, it completely depends on what you are looking for... If I'm too lazy to make my own begging, looking through the ferret bedding on eBay si always a good bet. The low priced stuff is usually made by people who aren't seamstresses or who don't have a eBay store dedicated to bedding. THeir stuff isn't perfect a lot of the time, but the price is low, and with rats, well, they destroy it quickly enough anyway. :p

Cages are always good to look for second hand, and for toys and random stuff like that, I've found that looking in the bird section always turns up something useful. ^^

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I look around eBay often for rat items. I used to search for "rat" in the small animal category, but I found I'm better off browsing the entire category to find stuff that works well. I also check the bird toys (got a huge lot of really nice toys for a good price) and ladders. Sometimes, I'll look at the cat ball lots and toys and the dog toys as well.

I also got my FN off eBay for a good price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't have anything particular in mind, I was just sort of wondering what everyone's experiences with getting rat stuff off of eBay was like. After posting this I ended up finding and buying a wheel, blankets (for bedding), a basket of fun destructible things, and one of those wicker-type nest balls.

I can see this is going to turn into a very expensive thing for me. :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:lol: eBay is soooo addictive. Just make sure to comparison shop for the items. Some can be found cheaper in other online shops. Once you know the brand it's easy to find them. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got my cage off of e-bay.
It was less than 50 bucks even with the shipping.
I'd do e-bay rather than getting stuff at pet stores for twice the price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I find a lot of stuff on ebay to still be expensive.

Like I get hammocks from dearpiehammocks.com and a lot of similar ferret hammocks I found on ebay were way more money!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lise said:
I find a lot of stuff on ebay to still be expensive.

Like I get hammocks from dearpiehammocks.com and a lot of similar ferret hammocks I found on ebay were way more money!
I agree! My kidlets absolutely adore Dearpie Hammies. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts