Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I held her on the day she was born, a little pink jelly bean.

I wasn't going to keep her--I had one of her littermates in mind. But as she grew, her spunk, her spirit, and her spritely face won me over and I ended up keeping her.

She was a kisser. She could give kisses all day long while you held her. She loved to groom me and my husband.

She loved to chase my hand and get tickled, always scampering away and then bouncing back for more.

When she saw us at the cage door, she'd bound over and reach her hand out, pawing rapidly at thin air for attention, a treat, or ATTENTION NOW PLEASE! We called it "the thing." "Edi! Do the thing!" And she'd squint up her eyes, cram her little nose against the bars, and reach her arm through the cage, batting at us.

She was eight months and two days old.

When I put her in her cage this morning, I knew it might be the last time. She had barely eaten anything. She was limp and weak. I brought her to my face and inhaled deeply--that sweet scent of corn chips or grape soda--I don't know how to describe it, but it was the smell of Edi. The smell of my little spunky love.

Bounce happily across the rainbow bridge, my darling. Your momma and dad are waiting on the other side to meet you, groom you, play with you. Tickle your tummy, and sit patiently as you groom them. Just like Daddy and I did in lieu of your furry parents.

We love you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDI and Tali.jpg Edi sweetie on the right, with her sister Tali. She is survived by four brothers and four sisters, as well as four foster-brothers.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm really sorry for your loss! One of my girls passed away yesterday and it's a really awful, empty feeling afterwards. She sounds like an amazing sweetheart though! I'm sure she absolutely loved the great life you gave her, she's beautiful and looks very happy :) Best of luck to you and her siblings through the hard times!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm so sorry. Gone way too soon. What happened to make her leave so soon? Was she sick?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sudden onset breathing troubles. On Monday morning, she was fine. On Monday evening, she could barely breathe. Thursday night we lost her, despite spending a small fortune at the vet to try and save her.

Needless to say, I'm freaking out about every little sneeze that comes from my cage about now.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Oh gosh... the poor girl. The greatest tragedy is how quickly these little angels can leave us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts